A Worthy Successor

I think I have found a sandwich that can stand with the Parmageddon in the hallowed artery-clogged halls of the Sandwich Hall of Fame. (Is there such a thing?)

Prepare your taste buds for . . . the Hamdog.

I saw the reference in a Basic Instructions comic on Monday, and while the definition there (a hamburger shaped like a hotdog) was funny, I did some Googling and found that it's really "a hot dog with a burger patty wrapped around it, deep fried, and then served in a hoagie roll along with bacon, cheese, chili, onions, and topped off with a fried egg." Yummo!







See also:



I'm intrigued by this "Luther Burger" concoction as well. Supposedly invented by Luther Vandross, it uses Krispy Kreme doughnuts instead of a bun.

It turns out that I could have had a Hamdog or Luther Burger a few years ago when I went to visit my sister, because Mulligan's in Decatur is really not all that far from where she was living near Atlanta. Sigh. I always find out about the cool stuff once it's too late. Or once it's been condemned by the CDC:
Health officials wage tough fight in America's 'Stroke Belt'.





----------------
Now playing on iTunes:
Delbert McClinton - It Ain't What You Eat but How You Chew It
via FoxyTunes
----------------

1 comment:

  1. Chest tight . . . can't breathe . . . too early for that much fat . . . gaaah . . .

    ReplyDelete