A little bit about the title

It comes from my misremembering of the quote in in Singles when Campbell Scott goes over to mack on Kyra Sedgewick in the club, and she shoots him down. ["I think that, a) you have an act, and that, b) not having an act is your act."]

A few weeks ago I was having a discussion about the exact wording of the quote, so then when it was time to come up with an attempt at cleverness in naming this little exercise in navel gazing, it was floating somewhere near the surface of my mind. Then that prompted some thinking about the first time I saw the movie (freshman year of college) and who was with me (I'm sure my friend Nikki was there -- she hearts Eddie Vedder). Sigh. Good times.

However, even though I have decided to jump into 2004 and join the masses online, I still don't have a cell phone. I may get one next year -- we'll see.




1 comment:

  1. You, Brat! I hearted Eddie Vedder, past tense, as in when I was 18! (Don't tell anyone how old I am now.) Anyway, I've moved on. I have a new person to "heart" (well, I've hearted him for 8 years now). I HEART NOAH HUNT!! Unlike Eddie, I've actually met Noah. So there!

    ReplyDelete