Welcoming All You Friends of the Feather

Tomorrow is the first game of spring training, not the first game of the actual season, but I think the words of the immortal Harry Doyle are still appropriate: 

Hello again, everybody. Harry Doyle here, welcoming all you friends of the feather to another season of Indians baseball. A lot of new faces in Chief Wahoo's tribe this year . . .




Meanwhile, I'm loving these Spring Training graphics:

 2021 Spring Training Schedule

2021 C Goodyear


Anyhow: First pitch is at 3:05 in my time zone, which means I need to decide whether the hot dogs & popcorn I'm fixing will be a late lunch or an early dinner. Maybe I'll open with an appetizer of buttered popcorn, followed by hot dogs and potato chips (and, okay, a veggie plate) during the seventh-inning stretch. For dessert... hmmm.  Do I have any ice cream in the freezer?

I probably should have thought through the menu better (and earlier in the week!) instead of making a spur-of-the-moment decision this afternoon when it was kind of too late to go to the store. Apparently I have hot dogs but no buns, and mustard but no ketchup. But I guess since it's only spring training, I have until April 1 to work out all the kinks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment