I'm Official! And Internet Famous!

I'm out of town on vacation, but through the miracle of modern technology* Cathy got in touch with me and alerted me to the following e-mail:





----- Forwarded Message ----
From: mike d
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 1:14 PM
Subject: The miked Pub Quiz - Wed. Sept. 3rd - 7:30pm


Good day or evening to the avid quizzers in the crowd!

After being nagged incessantly by the vocal majority, I have created your new favorite place to waste an hour:
http://www.mikedpubquiz.com/.

Why Should I Go There?
Register on the site to get:
1. A coupon valid for 2 bonus points on the quiz of your choice.
2. Access to the "Secrets" section containing a question from the next quiz!
3. My mom to hate you.

NEXT PUB QUIZ:
Wednesday, September 3rd
PJ McIntyres Irish Pub (
http://www.pjmcintyres.com)
Signup is 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm. The quiz will start sharply at 7:30pm.
$5 per person, teams of 1-8 people
1st Place - 50% of the door, 2nd place - 25%, 3rd place - PJ's Gift Cards!


Questions, concerns, comments or fan fiction, email me!

Sincerely,
miked
www.mikedpubquiz.com


To be removed from this email list, please reply to this message with REMOVE in the subject, and why my mom hates you in the body of the email.




I checked out the site, which is hi-lariously awesome. I mean, my favorite Pub Quiz blog is still Geeks Who Drink, but this one is pretty good.


Mike D's Web Site


There are at least three shout-outs to yours truly as the original PQ blogger, part of Tom Selleck's Mustache, and part of the team who argued about the Roman goddess Diana answer.



So, I was totally cracking up over all the little in-jokes in the comments section (fish report; buying a new shirt; closing down the bar in a few months) but my sister, reading over my shoulder, was failing to find the humor in any of it. I was thinking of inviting her to next month's quiz, but now I'm not so sure.





* A phrase actually used in this year's catalog. Why they didn't mention magic sparky boxes, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment