Return of Yahoo Mail Theatre

Because all the goofing off I did last week is starting to catch up to me a little bit, here's another episode of Yahoo Mail Theatre.
(Note snooty "-re" spelling.)




From: Amy
To: Christine, Cathy
Subject: Shaloha*



Is this Mr. Yuck for the 21st century?


Sick Mail icon from Yahoo!



Ah, the good old days . . .



Vintage Mr. Yuk from Wikipedia



Christine's rendition . . .


This is what you do when you are bored at work.



*Thanks, Random Subject Line Generator!



-----Response ----
From: Christine
To: Amy, Cathy
Subject: RE: Shaloha*

Oh please … Mr. Yuk is universal and timeless. That sad little envelope doesn’t even come close, and my rendition is way too violent … It looks like a rotten green jack o’lantern.


Look at the despairing resignation of Mr. Yuk. Are his eyes squeezed shut in disgust, or crossed and glassily open? Is he blanching, or already dead? Does Mr. Yuk’s warning come in the midst of reactionary vomiting, or from beyond the grave? Poison isn’t fun, it isn’t flashy, Mr. Yuk says. It’s just … lethal …


The above yammering gives you an indication of the kind of crazy morning I’ve had.



--C



----- Next Message ----
From: Christine
To: Amy, Cathy
Subject: RE: Shaloha*


OMG OMG OMG … they have Mr. Yuk bracelets! The perfect companion to Steve Colbert’s “Wrist Strong” campaign!

https://www.chp.edu/chpstore/wristband_order_form.php

--C




----- Next Message ----
From: Cathy
To: Amy, Christine
Subject: Re: Shaloha*


Now, in the depths of the gutter we call my mind, Christine's Mr. Yuk looks like he's choking on some chicken, if you catch my "trying to stay clean" drift.


----- Next Message ----
From: Christine
To: Amy, Cathy
Subject: RE: Shaloha*


Yeah, I’m really not sure what was going on in my head when I drew that tongue. Or maybe I do, and I won’t say for fear of crashing the email filters.


--C


----- Next Message ----
From: Cathy
To: Amy, Christine
Subject: Re: Shaloha*

Don't you love code talking for fear of the wrath of the filter?


Your Mr. Yuk's eyes are the Starfleet insignia ...



Aaaaand . . . . Scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment