Thursday Timewaster: The Book Quiz

Because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery . . . .

I saw this quiz on Brave Astronaut's blog, and couldn't resist scadging it for mine. Also, this buys me time to write a lengthy recap of the Harry and the Potters show I went to last night. (Short version: Totally awesome!!!!) I'm not sure when I'll have time to do that, though, because I'm going to the Indians game tonight. (I'm also going on Saturday night, and I have extra tickets. Leave a comment before 3 PM on Saturday if you're interested, and I'll hook you up.)

So: My book quiz results . . .






You're Watership Down!
by Richard Adams


Though many think of you as a bit young, even childish, you're actually incredibly deep and complex. You show people the need to rethink their assumptions, and confront them on everything from how they think to where they build their houses. You might be one of the greatest people of all time. You'd be recognized as such if you weren't always talking about talking rabbits.


Take the Book Quiz at the Blue Pyramid.




Fun fact: I've never actually read Watership Down. I did skim the curriculum unit when we were updating all of the marketing descriptions for the new Web site. It doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in reading. I'm not going to argue with the "You might be one of the greatest people of all time" part, though.


So, I took the quiz again and changed a few answers. New result: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Which is interesting because not only have I read this book (well, not lately: it was sometime during tenth grade English, so 1989 or 1990) but I'm in the middle of prepping the manuscript of the revised edition of this curriculum unit for typesetting. Ooh, spooky! Except I'm not so much with the accent. Or the straw hats.





You're Adventures of Huckleberry Finn!
by Mark Twain

With an affinity for floating down the river, you see things in black and white. The world is strange and new to you and the more you learn about it, the less it makes sense. You probably speak with an accent and others have a hard time understanding you and an even harder time taking you seriously. Nevertheless, your adventurous spirit is admirable. You really like straw hats.


Take the Book Quiz at the Blue Pyramid.

No comments:

Post a Comment