Book Report: Volume 20

During quarantine/lockdown, I was looking around for more book recommendations. Hard to believe that I was hard up for ideas about what to read next, since I was already getting deluged with emails from Goodreads and Amazon's Kindle Unlimited touting new releases,  plus picking up the free Bookpage at the local library branch every month, discovering classic mysteries featured on the Shedunnit podcast, and following a handful of book blogs via Feedly. (RIP, Google Reader!) 
 
I could've tackled some of the titles I'd already bookmarked in my accounts with three local library systems, or picked up any of the dozens of physical books I have bought on the cheap at the local used bookstore over the last decade, but noooooo.... I wanted something new and different. 

I came across a title by Kelley Armstrong in one of the mystery book blogs I follow, Criminal Element. The blog entry was for the latest in the Rockton novels, and the whole setup sounded intriguing. 

Casey Duncan Novels on Amazon




I always like to start a series at the beginning, and I was able to get City of the Lost,  the first book in the Casey Duncan series, as an ebook from the library right away. I read it right away, too, and right away I wanted to know what happened next. These novels are potato chips, and all the popular slogans apply: Betcha can't eat just one. Once you pop, you can't stop.  

I was too impatient to place a hold and wait for the dozen people to ahead of me to read each 300+ page book, so I broke down and requested physical copies of the entire series. Those came in pretty quickly, so I've happily spent the last week plowing through the whole series. Can't wait for the next installment!

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment