Will Lightning Strike Twice?

My "memories" feed on Facebook lately has been chock-full of posts from pre-game, in-game, and post-game shenanigans related to attending the last 10+ years of Mid-American Conference basketball tournaments in downtown Cleveland. I can't go in person for the second year in a row (Thanks, COVID!) and it's really bumming me out to scroll through stuff like this: 



















I've been listening to the radio call of the game by the regular OU broadcasters, so that's been exciting, I guess. Russ & Rob don't get to go to Cleveland to see the games in person either. They're in Athens, watching a video feed on the new jumbotron in the Convo and describing the action to those of us who refuse to log into ESPN+ or forget that the game is airing on CBS Sports Network until it's half over (read: me). (But also: I always prefer to listen to the radio broadcasts featuring the announcers for my favorite teams. My absolute favorite is when I turn the volume down on the national announcers, turn up the radio broadcast, and use the pause button on the DVR to get the words and the pictures to sync up just right.)  

The first two games of the 2021 MAC men's basketball tournament were practically blowout wins for the Bobcats, so they're going to be in the championship game tomorrow. The opponent? Buffalo. I feel as though I've seen this movie before . . . .


Even though I'll be listening from an easy chair at home instead of Standing Up and Cheering at the Q RoMoFiHo, I hope we get to paint this one green and white. Go Bobcats! 

No comments:

Post a Comment