The Latest Snowpocalypse

 Welcome to northeast Ohio in February..... 



While not quite the frozen tundra of harsher climes, it has been pretty snowy and cold around here for the last few days, and conditions look to be the same for the coming week. I have no need to leave the house during the worst of it, thankfully, so I have plenty of time to look out the window, drink some hot tea, and then resume reading my latest library book.  

My mother has been updating me about the various weather people going bonkers over how cold and snowy it is in Texas. That makes me laugh, because I remember how people acted when I was in Austin for a friend's wedding in early December 2016. I thought it was pretty balmy that weekend (highs in low 50s / lows in high 30s) and thus I was fairly comfortable with a fleece sweatshirt as a jacket. However, a few of the locals would not shut up about how freezing cold it was as they yanked on their mittens, scarves, hats, and heavy coats. I guess that weekend was a little unseasonable for that time of year, because it warmed up a bit for the next few days as my sister and I did some sightseeing in the area:




Flipping through some of the photos from that trip, I realize that I still haven't finished the book I read on the plane:


I suppose I can add it to the stack of reading material to tackle as I'm snowbound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment