Ambient Noise

I forgot my phone and iPod at home this morning.

Well, I technically remembered once I was in the garage putting my tote bag in the passenger seat, but I decided that I didn't feel like going back inside and disconnecting things from their chargers.

I was super-late already because I didn't go to bed until late (having a multi-hour nap in the middle of the afternoon will throw off your sleep schedule; thank you, Browns-Giants game!) so I didn't feel like getting out of bed.

Then I couldn't remember what I wore last Thursday. I might be wearing the same sweater I wore last week, which I usually try to avoid, but I'm since I'm also avoiding doing laundry, something's gotta give.

By the time I'd gotten out to the car, it was already 8:45ish. It would really have been less than five minutes to double-back and grab my stuff, but I wasn't in the mood. Besides, nobody ever really calls me anyway, so it's not like I'm going to miss anything important.

However, the iPod is nice for blocking out things like the weekly sales team conference call that may as well be happening at my desk since I can essentially hear everything they're talking about down the hall.

I could be rockin' out to awesome tuneage on my iPod (or, more likely, watching Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on Hulu) right now, but nooooo.

Although, to be honest, sometimes I have the iPod but neglect to put my headphones on because it's more interesting to eavesdrop.Today's not really one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment