It's Electric! *

My electric blanket may get me fired.

Mainly, I don't want to get out of my toasty cocoon in the morning . . . especially when the radio is bringing me news of extended winter storm alerts and big-time traffic delays due to weather-related accidents.

And I just learned yesterday that within the next two months we're going to be moving our office about five miles down the road . . . and not in a direction that will make the office closer to my apartment.

I tested out my new commute last night, and even without traffic it takes twenty-five minutes (side streets) or fifteen minutes (expressway). Tack on the school zones and the dregs of rush hour, and I may have to start leaving the house at 7:30.

Sigh. I miss the days when I could rush out the door at 7:53 and be in my seat at 8:00.











* Gah! Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all day!

1 comment: