I Totally Want This: LA 1980

An OU alum put this together . . .


LA 1980


LA 1980 is a look at a now-vanished Los Angeles . . . .

In 1979 there were still vacant lots on Wilshire Blvd in the Miracle Mile, Beverly Hills had the Wonder-Bread Bakery on Little Santa Monica Blvd, and a noticeable number of buildings still had 1920’s signage intact.

If Melrose Ave was coming into a hip incarnation, Beverly Blvd was still where upholsterers worked in blank-front buildings. The Farmer’s Market on 3rd St. was somnolent, and the dinosaurs at the George Page Museum were surrounded only by seeping tar.

The original color negatives were shot between 1979 and 1982. They haven't seen daylight since their creation.







Since I am into all things retro, I kind of want it. Well, to look through at least once, anyway. After that, I'm not sure what I'd do with it.




----------------
Now playing on iTunes: Billy Joel - Los Angelenos
via FoxyTunes


No comments:

Post a Comment