Today's the Day

Since I fell asleep at 11 last night, despite my desperate attempts to stay awake for the Cavs-Lakers game, I woke up at 3 a.m. with the TV showing Ali and the radio blaring some nonsense about aliens. 

I switched over to ESPN long enough to find the final score on the ticker (Damn! What a blowout! It's probably just as well that I fell asleep when Cleveland was just a few points behind, and not twenty.) and then, since I was awake and annoyed, flicked through the channels for a bit.

I came across the last episode of The West Wing on Bravo. You know, the one where the youngish ethnic candidate with the pretty wife and kids gets inaugurated, having beaten an experienced senator in the general election and yet having asked that same senator to be his secretary of state. . . . 

After that was over, I caught the rerun of Olbermann, broadcasting from somewhere on the Mall, and did not envy the crowd out there freezing in the cold one tiny bit. I'll be here in my warm office, watching it online.



No comments:

Post a Comment