Book Report Volume 8

The following School Library Journal blog post is an excellent recap of an appearance by Michael Davis, Christopher Cerf, Roscoe Orman, and Carroll Spinney at the Barnes and Noble at Lincoln Center on Monday, January 5, 2009.




Go read it, and become consumed with jealousy that she was there and you were not. I, for one, am totally envious.

I still haven't watched all of my old-school Sesame Street DVDs, but
I did buy this book about Sesame Street while I was on vacation.

Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street


Have I read it yet? Nope!

What I did read was a series of mysteries that address the question, "What if Charles Lutwidge Dodgson and Arthur Conan Doyle met and became friends?" It turns out that they traipse around the UK solving crimes. (I happened to come across the third book in the series in a display at the library, and the title made me laugh: The Problem of the Evil Editor.)

Reading the books (which are pretty good) made me think about other novels that are based on the fictional activities of historical figures. Keeping with the popular writers theme, I've read a few of Peter Heck's books that depict Mark Twain as a detective. The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica books are more fantasy than mystery, but they feature the team of C. S. Lewis, J. R. R. Tolkien, and Charles Williams in WWI London. I started reading the third book in the series last night, and I'll probably finish it tonight.





----------------
Now playing: Kool & The Gang - Open Sesame
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment