Hang on Shorpy

Brave Astronaut will no doubt say that it is my inner archivist speaking, but I love, love, love this site:



Shorpy: The 100-Year-Old Photo Blog

Shorpy.com is a blog about old photos and what life a hundred years ago was like: How people looked and what they did for a living, back when not having a job usually meant not eating.

The site is named after Shorpy Higginbotham, a boy who worked in an Alabama coal mine near the turn of the century.




I'm working my way through the image galleries, which include Art & Design, Cars+Trucks, and Cities. I'm sure this is all stuff I could find on government sites, and there are probably other blogs with a similar theme, but it's still fun.

1 comment:

  1. Um, Yes! But don't get us archivists started about that whole copyright thing . . .

    Thank you Sonny Bono.

    ReplyDelete