The miked Pub Quiz - Moved to Thursdays

2011 UPDATE ... because this post is one of the top hits for "miked pub quiz" searches
  • The miked Pub Quiz is now  on the first Wednesday of the month at P.J. McIntyre's.
  • My hi-larious recaps can be accessed here.
  • If you must, visit Mike's site by clicking here.


We now resume our regularly scheduled vintage programming.






A little Yahoo! Mail Theatre about the latest session of Pub Quiz . . . because apparently I am the premiere source of Pub Quiz info on teh internets.




From: mike d

To: mike d pub quiz
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:52 PM
Subject: The miked Pub Quiz - Moved to Thursdays



Greetings 1920s TV factoid aficionados!

The pub quiz is about to start up once again!

Starting this coming Thursday, March 27th, and continuing every Thursday for 10 weeks, The Claddagh Irish Pub (http://www.claddaghirishpubs.com/) located in Crocker Park (across the street from our old locale) will be hosting me, and a pub quiz every week.

  • Signup is at 6:30 pm every Thursday. The quiz will run from 7 pm to approximately 9:30 pm.

  • No admission charge!

  • Prizes will be awarded throughout the event

  • The weekly winners will compete in a "quiz off" on week 10 to determine the "Pub Champion!" That team will receive 1 hooded Guinness jacket for the team captain, 4 Guinness "Pub Champion" t-shirts and 4 Guinness baseball hats for the rest of the team!

  • This is a 10-week series and will end May 29th, 2008. The weekly winning team will be entered into a drawing for the Grand Prize, a Guinness Basement Pub Prize Package featuring a Guinness single keg cooler bar, 2 Guinness pub signs, 2 Guinness bar stools and a case (24) of Guinness pub glassware.

Questions, concerns, comments, or antiques, e-mail me!

Sincerely,
miked


To be removed from this e-mail list, please send me a message with REMOVE in the subject, and your most-enjoyed flavor of gum in the body text.





----- Message ----
From: Cathy
To: Amy, Christine
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:06 PM
Subject: Pub Quiz


Pub quiz is back, but now on Thursdays. Amy, are you feeling better? Apparently Sr. Linda didn't even realize you were sick yesterday. Ha! I had your back and said that I begged you to stay home with all your germs today.

I could take or leave it for tomorrow. I have a final tonight and one on Monday, but I have all weekend to prep for Monday's.





----- Message ----
From: Christine
To: Cathy, Amy
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:08 PM
Subject: RE: Pub Quiz


Yeah, I just saw that on my Hotmail account. I would have to be about a ½ hour late to the Pub Quiz this Thursday, but I could make it, and then next Thursday I’m probably fine. Either way.


--C





----- Message ----
From: Cathy
To: Amy, Christine
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: Pub Quiz


Ok, then I vote that we wait until Amy decides what she wants to do tomorrow. =)

Meanwhile, I'm toying with adding miked to my gmail chat, just to freak him out.




----- Message ----
From: Christine
To: Cathy, Amy
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:48 PM
Subject: RE: Pub Quiz



That could be our Pub Quiz Team Name – “Miked’s Gmail Buddies”

--C




----- Message ----
From: Cathy
To: Amy, Christine
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:09 PM
Subject: Re: Pub Quiz


Or the "Oh, so miked thinks we don't have anything better to do on Thursdays with short notice?" team.


No comments:

Post a Comment