32 Across: Sweet!


Crossword Chucks! Sweet!
I saw these on the Converse Web site last week, and immediately lusted for them, deep in my heart.
Then I was at the mall on Sunday and the magnetic force of the Chuck Taylor display rack pulled me into Journeys for some extensive drooling. The crossword puzzle ones were out there, and I decided it was a sign from the shopping gods.

The salesgirl went in the back to find my size (7 — I used to take 6.5, but that's gotten kind of pinchy lately) while the salesguy quizzed me on my Chuck Taylor bona fides. (In his defense, I did look rather suburban mom-ish that day: A striped t-shirt from the GAP that was probably 8 or 9 years old, some straight-leg easy fit jeans, and basic white cross-trainers.)

When I actually got them home, I was overjoyed to discover that there are actual crossword puzzle clues printed on the insoles. I could get out my Sharpie and fill in the squares! How cool is that?!

Anyhow, happy birthday to me. I'm going to put them on tonight to break them in a little, and then maybe lounge around and read some of my other birthday gifts:

Superstud: Or How I Became a 24-Year-Old Virgin

Superstud:
Or How I Became a 24-Year-Old Virgin

(from Christine)


The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World


The Know-It-All:
One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World

(from Cathy)

No comments:

Post a Comment