- Coca-cola was originally green.
- Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than for the U.S. Treasury.
- The Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters.
- Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.
- Chances that an American lives within 50 miles of where he or she grew up: 1 in 2.
- Amount American Airlines saved in '87 by taking out 1 olive from each salad served in first class: $40,000.
- State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska.
- Number of different family relationships for which Hallmark makes cards: 105.
- Average number of people airborne over the United States any given hour: 61,000.
- Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
- Only president awarded a patent: Abe Lincoln, for a system of buoying vessels over shoals.
- Hot water is heavier than cold.
- In the Caribbean there are oysters that can climb trees.
- The first novel ever written on a typewriter was Tom Sawyer.
- Heinz Ketchup leaving the bottle travels at 25 miles per year.
Totally Useless Information
In honor of Cathy's gift to Christine, some Totally Useless Information, courtesy of yesterday's Joke-a-Day e-mail. (I'm not vouching for the accuracy of any of this, mind you, just throwing out there on the Interwebs.)