Squinting My Way Down to 20/20



I have an eye exam tonight. Here's hoping I don't have a first-class spazz out like I did at my last appointment.

For some reason, I got really flustered at the "Which is better? This one . . . or that one? Is number 1 clearer than . . . number 2? Number 3 . . . or number 4?" portion and couldn't make a decision. Then when I did throw out some random guesses, it turned out that my prescription needed to be strengthened a bit.

That made me upset because I already have to get extra-super strength contacts that they have to special order. I envisioned quickly reaching a point where there aren't contacts strong enough to correct my vision or even glasses strong enough to fix it, and then what would I do? So, I started crying and couldn't stop.

I'm not usually emotional like that, so then I was upset that I was getting upset. The poor doctor was trying to reassure me, pointing out that I had a long way to go before I couldn't get corrective lenses. Then he made some notes in my file, and that freaked me out. Oy.

So, we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. You do remember that Seinfeld where Elaine peeked at her file, right? No good comes of it.

    Anyway, when 1 and 2 don't have much difference, I just tell her that. She never told me that I had to pick one.

    ReplyDelete