Saturday Night Vanilla

Could there be anything more white bread and tapioca than Peyton Manning and Carrie Underwood? I was not looking forward to their episode of Saturday Night Live, but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised.


I'd never heard Carrie's songs before, but they weren't terrible. Peyton did a nice job, too: From the faux United Way spot to the ESPN/NCAA segment where Amy Poehler's character used Cathy's method of picking teams (mainly uniform color and mascot cuteness) to the locker room sketch where he wanted to lead the basketball team the F out of there and ended up dancing like a spaz (pictured), he was pretty funny. And then at the end when his brothers brought out the birthday cake: Aww!



I still detest them both (I heart Tom Brady and Bo Bice 4-eva!) but I didn't fast-forward through any segments, which is a first this season.

Another plus: Andy Samberg as Sanjaya! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment