Out, Out, Damn Earworm!

Now that Cathy has pointed out the musical similarity, I can't get this crazy mashup of "O Come All Ye Faithful"/"We're Not Going to Take It" out of my head. Bleargh.

I would take Megan L's advice about the
Holiday Modern Rock Mix on Woxy.com, except that in some sort of Chrismakkuh miracle, I found my Xmas Mix CD. (At some point, I must have put it back where it belonged: in one of my CD binders. Who knew?)

So, I'm replacing Dee Snider with der Bingle, and all is right with the world. Here's the rest of the playlist.

  1. Winter Wonderland, Harry Connick Jr.
  2. Jingle Bells, Bing Crosby & the Andrews Sisters
  3. Let It Snow, Jo Stafford
  4. Frosty the Snowman, Jimmy Durante
  5. Here Comes Santa Claus, Gene Autry
  6. The Chipmunk Song, The Chipmunks
  7. Sleigh Ride, The Ronettes
  8. Presents for Christmas, Solomon Burke
  9. All I Want for Christmas Is You, Mariah Carey
  10. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), Darlene Love
  11. Santa Claus Is Back in Town, Elvis Presley
  12. Merry Christmas Baby, Chuck Berry
  13. Christmas Blues, Canned Heat
  14. Run Run Rudolph, Dwight Yoakam
  15. Please Come Home for Christmas, Fats Domino
  16. I'll Be Home on Christmas Day, Elvis Presley
  17. New Year's Resolution, Otis Redding & Carla Thomas
  18. What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? Lou Rawls
  19. O Tannenbaum, Vince Guaraldi Trio
  20. The Christmas Song, Nat King Cole
  21. White Christmas, Bing Crosby
  22. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Judy Garland
  23. I'll Be Home for Christmas, Frank Sinatra
  24. Christmas Message from Elvis/Silent Night, Elvis Presley

I wish I had the Charles Brown version of "Please Come Home for Christmas," but when I made the CD three or four years ago, I couldn't get his original version. I also wish that I hadn't repeated artists, but if it's a choice between three Elvis songs and any rendition of "The Little Drummer Boy," I'll take Elvis every time.

Anyhow, on the same page in the binder were my copies of James Brown's Funky Christmas and A Charlie Brown Christmas. Yay! On top of that, in the course of picking up my apartment, I found my copy of Chris Isaak Christmas. Double yay!

So, Christmas vacation here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment