Now that Cathy has pointed out the musical similarity, I can't get this crazy mashup of "O Come All Ye Faithful"/"We're Not Going to Take It" out of my head. Bleargh.
I would take Megan L's advice about the Holiday Modern Rock Mix on Woxy.com, except that in some sort of Chrismakkuh miracle, I found my Xmas Mix CD. (At some point, I must have put it back where it belonged: in one of my CD binders. Who knew?)
So, I'm replacing Dee Snider with der Bingle, and all is right with the world. Here's the rest of the playlist.
- Winter Wonderland, Harry Connick Jr.
- Jingle Bells, Bing Crosby & the Andrews Sisters
- Let It Snow, Jo Stafford
- Frosty the Snowman, Jimmy Durante
- Here Comes Santa Claus, Gene Autry
- The Chipmunk Song, The Chipmunks
- Sleigh Ride, The Ronettes
- Presents for Christmas, Solomon Burke
- All I Want for Christmas Is You, Mariah Carey
- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), Darlene Love
- Santa Claus Is Back in Town, Elvis Presley
- Merry Christmas Baby, Chuck Berry
- Christmas Blues, Canned Heat
- Run Run Rudolph, Dwight Yoakam
- Please Come Home for Christmas, Fats Domino
- I'll Be Home on Christmas Day, Elvis Presley
- New Year's Resolution, Otis Redding & Carla Thomas
- What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? Lou Rawls
- O Tannenbaum, Vince Guaraldi Trio
- The Christmas Song, Nat King Cole
- White Christmas, Bing Crosby
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Judy Garland
- I'll Be Home for Christmas, Frank Sinatra
- Christmas Message from Elvis/Silent Night, Elvis Presley
I wish I had the Charles Brown version of "Please Come Home for Christmas," but when I made the CD three or four years ago, I couldn't get his original version. I also wish that I hadn't repeated artists, but if it's a choice between three Elvis songs and any rendition of "The Little Drummer Boy," I'll take Elvis every time.
Anyhow, on the same page in the binder were my copies of James Brown's Funky Christmas and A Charlie Brown Christmas. Yay! On top of that, in the course of picking up my apartment, I found my copy of Chris Isaak Christmas. Double yay!
So, Christmas vacation here I come.