Wasting Time

My new favorite toy: Pandora.

I read about it in Time and then saw it linked on something else I was reading online this morning
, so I thought I'd check it out.

It's pretty cool. I'm especially a fan of the complex analysis that comes up when you click on "Why did you play this song?"

For example:


"Rescue Me" :: Fontella Bass

Based on what you've told us so far, we're playing this track because it features classic soul qualities, a subtle use of vocal harmony, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation, major key tonality, and many other similarities identified in the music genome project.


In other news . . .

Had a good time at the Great Lakes Brewing Company last night. I highly recommend the bratwurst & pierogi dinner. The Christmas Ale is okay, but I'm not swooning over it/squicked out by it like some people I was chatting with last night.

Oh, and what cracked me up the most: The apparent rivalry between GLBC and the Rocky River Brewing Company. I was talking to a guy who went to OU and also works for GLBC, and I mentioned something about RRBC, and he made a face and talked smack about them. Ha! Although he did allow as how they suck slightly less now that a guy who used to be a brewer at GLBC works at RRBC. Whatever. I still [heart] the ribs @ RRBC.

From the RSS reader . . .

When I saw Wine Cubes in the ReadyMade blog, I thought, "Finally! A companion to the Beer-sicle!" But no, apparently this is a cooking tip. Lame.

And who has leftover wine, anyhow? Well, I don't have wine, period, because I'm not a fan (rancid grape Kool-Aid is pretty much my impression, much like "rancid orange Kool-Aid" is the best way to describe the infamous Brainstomper), but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment