Book Report: Volume 15





This Fake AP Stylebook tweet  made me laugh because (a) it's funny and (b) it reminded me of a book I just finished listening to the other week: Christopher Buckley's Supreme Courtship.






First of all, it's Christopher Buckley in his usual hi-larious form. And, now that we're in the process of replacing another justice, it's a fun what-if exercise. Plus, Anne Heche does a surprisingly good job with the accents.


I'm not entirely sure why, but I'm on some kind of a Buckley kick lately. Last month I finally got around to reading (well, listening to him read) his book about his parents' deaths, Losing Mum and Pup. After I finished that, I listened to the one about the Supreme Court. Then I couldn't remember whether or not I had already read No Way to Treat a First Lady, so I scooped that audiobook off the library shelf as well. Tim Matheson narrates it, which is fun for fans of West Wing and/or Animal House and/or the original Yours, Mine, and Ours. (And by "fans of," I guess I mean "me.") I'm inclined to think that I read the actual book when it came out, but that was a few years ago and it's funny, so I won't mind hearing it again while I'm driving to and from the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment