Cornhole: Dirty!

Further proof that nobody outside of Cincinnati calls it that . . .





Since I'm not sure how long the snippet from Late Night with Jimmy Fallon will be available on Hulu, allow me to share some photos and a rough transcript.

On Monday, July 13, Jimmy was talking about his visit to the White House for the Fourth of July. He showed some photos he took, including this one of him playing cornhole.






Jimmy Fallon playing cornhole on the South Lawn, Fourth of July 2009


I was playing a little bean, uh, bags. There's a bean bag toss thing . . . What do you guys call that? You call it bags?

[inaudible]

Excuse me?!

Jimmy can't believe they call it cornhole.
[Audience laughs.]


You call it that?

[More audience laughter while Jimmy looks incredulous; I think some woman in the audience says something about Cincinnati. Jimmy laughs, looks down, then back at the camera.]

Well, I wasn't playing that game at all, whatever you just said.

For those of you who couldn't hear, it started with the word "corn" and I don't know what it ended with.

I wasn't playing that. I was throwing bags into a hole.

[Jimmy realizes the gutter-mindedness of what he said as the audience totally loses it. Higgins, off camera, says, "Same thing!" as Jimmy pounds his head on the desk.]




No comments:

Post a Comment