This Week in Netflix: Volume 29

I saw Gran Torino on Saturday. It was funnier than I thought it would be, and the ending was less depressing than I was anticipating. My friend Billy was disappointed in the ending — he thought there should have been more guns blazing, but that's just him.

As for the actual Netflixing . . .

I finally got to see the Bruce Campbell mockumentary, which was goofy and funny, especially with the Bruce Campbell commentary track on. There were a ton of DVD extras, which I also enjoyed.

I was initially excited when I heard that Amazon Video-on-Demand was going to be available through my Roku/Netflix box, but discovering that I'd have to pay $1.99 to $3.99 for most new releases took the edge off of my buzz. I guess if I was dying to see something the moment it came out, maybe I'd use it, instead of waiting to get a disc in the mail . . . And I guess it is technically cheaper than going to the actual theater, but still.

Nuts. I just remembered that I left my latest disc (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Shut up.) in the DVD player instead of putting it in the return envelope and bringing it with me so I could put it in the outgoing mail. Gah.



1 comment:

  1. Bruce Campbell: Consider yourself officially exempt from my wrath sweetcakes, and if you're lucky a little later I'll let you play with my boomstick.

    ReplyDelete