Putting New Batteries in the Remote

Amy's Fall 2008 Television Plans
(Click image to enlarge.)




It's officially the first day of fall, and I finally put together my grid of what I'm watching/taping this fall. The grid above is keyed to which VCR I'm setting to tape them (Still no TiVo, and proud of it!) and the one show I'm either going to have to watch in real time, catch online, or tape when it reruns on Sundays. (I could tape it on my third VCR, but it's the kind that makes you push a special "timer" button before you turn it off, and I always forget to do that.)

I'm really not watching that much TV this fall: just 16.5 hours in prime time. It's spread fairly evenly among the networks, although by virtue of Thursday night, NBC has a slight edge with 5 hours. Monday and Thursday are my busiest nights, although only Monday has an actual scheduling conflict.

I'm testing out six new shows; it would be seven, except I already crossed that Jerry-O'Connell-runs-a-hotel mess off my list. Watch your back,
Valentine, Worst Week, My Own Worst Enemy, Gary Unmarried, Kath & Kim, and Life on Mars.

The grid doesn't show my late night schedule: Daily Show, Colbert Report, Leno, Ferguson, SNL, and sometimes Kimmel and Daly. It also doesn't take into account sports-related programming (anything involving a Cleveland team, plus Sunday night/Monday night football) or current events/news shows (Olbermann, Maddow, Cooper).

And, of course, it's really only valid for about ten weeks, because after New Year's, American Idol starts up again and mid-season replacements like Reaper reappear. (Yay on both counts!)

Before Cathy starts mocking me, I would like to point out that I am by far not the only person who makes personal Excel spreadsheets to organize television viewing, nor am I the only one who dedicates a blog post to it:









----------------
Now playing: Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - Autumn In New York
via FoxyTunes


3 comments:

  1. man you should get a DVR from your cable company

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heck with regular TV, get out to the baseball game and make sure the Indians beat the Red Sox! It's the only way for the Yanks to make the postseason (well, that and the Yanks have to win out).

    Go Tribe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm rooting for the Indians, but I won't be too sad if they lose. Anything to keep the Yankees out of the playoffs! Since they're 6.5 games behind in the wild card, I'm feeling pretty good about that.

    And since Cleveland is out of it, I'm rooting for Tampa Bay. On the NL side, I'm torn between the Brewers and Cubs.

    ReplyDelete