I was talking about my messy apartment the other day, and wanted to refer to those brothers who hoarded so much stuff over the years that their house was nearly impassable. I did some Googling, and the results almost want to make me do some housework. Almost.
- Collyer Brothers — Wikipedia (Where all good research starts, ha ha.)
- A "Collyer Mansion" Situation — Gothamist
- Ghosty Men: The Strange but True Story of the Collyer Brothers and My Uncle Arthur, New York's Greatest Hoarders — Amazon
- Collyer Brothers Mansion in 1947 — Corbis
(If necessary, enter "Homer Collyer" in the search box after clicking the link.)
- Is your house messy? — Squalor Survivors
Now playing on iTunes: Betty Wright - Clean Up Woman