Quote Me as Saying I Was Misquoted *

* Thanks, Random Subject Line Generator!



And now, time for another exciting edition of Yahoo! Mail Theater . . .




----- Original Message ----
From: Christine
To: Amy, Cathy

Sent: Wednesday, April 9, 2008 3:57:27 PM

Subject: Wha-huh?



Did you guys get the Miked email about Claddaugh closing up? WTF … can’t Westlake keep a pseudo-Irish pub open for business? If this is April Fools, it’s way late.


My brother tells me there’s a English pub in Rocky River … wonder if he might move things there …

--C



----- Message ----
From: Cathy

To: Christine, Amy

Sent: Wednesday, April 9, 2008 4:03:39 PM

Subject: Re: Wha-huh?



Ah, yes. I replied to his email stating that I think his quizzes may somehow be related to the demise of pubs in Westlake. Amy wanted to be cc'd on that for her blog or some-such, but I refused. I also told him that I am awaiting categories such as "Barbies," " Beverly Hills 90210," and "Shoes" at his next venue.



The Pub in Rocky River is in that old movie theater building on Detroit. It's pretty cool. The waiters have a kilt option. I think their Pub Quiz is on Mondays.




----- Message ----
From: Amy
To: Christine, Cathy

Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 4:18 PM

Subject: Re: Wha-huh?



Obviously Christine never reads my blog. Maybe her mom could have clued her in to the fact that I (a) posted Mike's e-mail and (b) suggested The Pub in Rocky River as our interim quiz option.




----- Message ----
From: Christine
To: Amy, Cathy
Sent: Wednesday, April 9, 2008 4:19:04 PM

Subject: RE: Wha-huh?



I’m lazy and expect to be hand-fed a link. Sue me.



--C




----- Message ----
From: Amy

To: Christine, Cathy

Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: Wha-huh?



The saddest part of all? Tom Selleck's Moustache won't get a chance to shine tomorrow night.





----- Message ----
From: Cathy
To: Amy, Christine

Sent: Wednesday, April 9, 2008 4:28:23 PM

Subject: Re: Wha-huh?



Tom Selleck's Moustache ALWAYS gets a chance to shine.




----- Message ----
From: Christine
To: Amy, Cathy

Sent: Wednesday, April 9, 2008 4:29:43 PM

Subject: RE: Wha-huh?



I think, wherever the next Pub Quiz starts, that we should be Tom Selleck’s Moustache and stay Tom Selleck’s Moustache. Because I would really enjoy hearing the annoyed resignation in Mike D’s voice when he has to say it in the rankings, week in and week out. It’s the most ludicrous and yet the most awesome team name ever. Way better than “Bonjour Kitty.”


“And in fifth place … hanging on by a hair, it’s Tom Selleck’s Moustache …”

--C




----------------
Now playing on iTunes: The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

  1. There's a Claddagh on the east side at Legacy Village. Team Eleven will be there. No MikeD, which is a shame, of course. Still, it'll keep us going until Mike the Widowmaker can find another bar looking to close.

    ReplyDelete