Typical Cleveland

The thrill of victory . . .


Cleveland Indians celebrate in the clubhouse after they defeated the Oakland Athletics to clinch the AL Central Division at Jacobs Field on Sunday, Sept. 23, 2007, in Cleveland, Ohio. (Lew Stamp/Akron Beacon Journal)


And the agony of defeat . . .

The Oakland Raiders block Phil Dawson's kick and hold on to beat the Cleveland Browns 26-24 at McAfee Coliseum in Oakland on Sunday, September 23, 2007. (Copyright San Jose Mercury News 2007.)

After I watched the baseball game and enjoyed all the locker-room celebrations, I switched over to the Browns game and watched that with my dad. I was thisclose to turning the game off when there were three or four minutes left and it seemed like there was no way they could get into field goal range. I probably should have, because, as my dad said, it just tears your heart out to have them get down there, MAKE THE KICK, and then have it blocked after the time out. Urk.

I blame this one on the Denver Broncos, quite frankly. Stupid Broncos, screwing us again. If they hadn't pulled the same stunt (icing the kicker) on Oakland last week, maybe it wouldn't have been in the forefront of Kiffin's mind. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so.

No comments:

Post a Comment