Finishing What You Start


"Never read a book through merely because you have begun it."

John Witherspoon



Dr. John Witherspoon (1723-1794) is best remembered as the only clergyman to sign the Declaration of Independence, as a representative of New Jersey. Born and educated in Scotland, he served two Protestant Scottish parishes before emigrating to America in 1768 to become president of the College of New Jersey (now Princeton). He served in the Continental Congress (1776-82) and, after the American Revolution, in the New Jersey legislature.





This quotation is mostly a shout-out to Megan L, and I'm only posting it because I have been unaccountably busy with actual work today, so my in-depth analysis of Breach (which I saw last week but held off on writing about because I was sticking to my Countdown to Kevin Smith gimmick) will have to wait. I'm sure that you're all holding your breath . . . Not!

1 comment: