Boys with a Z




I was simultaneously listening to Ryan Seacrest and the new Shins album this morning. When I was flipped back to KIIS to see if the annoying Rhianna song was over yet, I came across the tail end of a commercial for something called Altar Boyz at the Wadsworth Theater. Whaa? With a name like that, it has to be hi-larious, right?

A few clicks later, and I was experiencing

The consensus seems to be that it's Nunsense meets *NSync. I'm not sure I'd buy a ticket, but the concept sounds amusing.

Fun fact? The Off-Broadway cast included Scott Porter, aka Jason Street on Friday Night Lights. (He's the one in the middle in the above album cover.)


1 comment:

  1. It really cracks me up when people call stuff like this a "romp." It does look funny, but I don't think I'd pay more than $10 to see something this silly.

    ReplyDelete