1992 All Over Again

I was at my grandparents' house yesterday, and my grandma showed me something she came across as she was cleaning out her closets: a photocopy of some pages from the May 1992 edition of my high school newspaper. Our actual yearbooks came out in the fall, so we always did a special senior issue in the spring.

I was profiled twice: as part of the top ten students in the class and as a member of the newspaper/yearbook staff. Also, each senior was invited to submit a baby photo for a "Guess Who?" collage, and answer these questions: Write your last will and testament. What's your motto? If your house is on fire and you can only save one thing, what is it? If you could trade lives with anyone, who would it be?

Looking at the photos and reading the answers . . .

I kind of forgot that I used to want a red Alfa Romeo Spider. I'm not sure I'd even seen The Graduate at that point. Maybe I had.

I also forgot that my friend Jessica and I were going to start our own zine and that I would live in France. I haven't talked to Jess in ages, and I'm not sure where the France stuff even came from -- maybe I was joking about that part. As for the zine . . . well, that would still be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment